Friday 29 July 2011

Siberian summer in Paris.

grisaille estivale :(

I am not happy. We are three days away from August and the weather is still cold and grim in Paris. I don't think that summer should be allowed to come and go as it feels. I get it - we are 'paying' for having had such great months of April and May. But that's enough now. We are the end of July and I expect it to be sunny. I am tired of wearing socks, trousers, jackets and scarves, and that the main topic of conversation amongst people is the weather. Damn you people who were smart to take your holidays in July. We've still got a whole month to wait to go anywhere... but then we're off to Greece. Ha, I can't wait. In fact, we'll be booking our hotels&co this weekend so if you have any recommendations, drop me a line. I'd love to hear!

Bon weekend peeps!

9 comments:

  1. The Summer sucks over here in Switzerland too. Boo! My legs are back to bright ghost white again, urgh.
    Greece hey, I know nothing, but I do love feta and olives. Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so beautiful in Paris when I left two weeks ago. What happened? Here it is too hot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenna - beautiful, really? I must have blinked and missed it! ;-) Please send some heat over here. We need it to call this "summer" a summer!

    Cass - yeah, I'm going to indulge on olives, feta and juicy tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm literally daydreaming of scarves and layers. It's been 105ºF here for the last month. last nite, at 9pm, it was still 100!

    Greece sounds perfect right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gosh! I know, the weather is horrible! But its always so hot in the office anyway so sometimes it's a relief...

    spend most of your time in the islands of greece... I found that Athens was just 'okay'. I mean you need to see the ruins but you only need that for a day then skip off and enjoy the best and most beautiful parts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In Los Angeles it's been pretty chilly over here too! Some days it will feel like summer but then we wake up with grey, cold skies, and it's NOTHING LIKE Summer here at all! Hope you're doing well! :D

    http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can only agree with you! :( It is the same in Germany. Hopefully cou can enjoy beautiful summer weather in Greece! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're having shitty summer as well. I never understood why people left the city in Summer. Why not leave when it gets colder and go somewhere warmer? Like in Autumn..I thought. I get it now!

    August better be warm or we're moving back to Sydney. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. so sorry to hear about your Siberian summer. If I could, I would send you some of this LA heat your way! But Greece sounds amazing! You lucky lady :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and dropping a line!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails