Tuesday 25 May 2010

Pentecôte.








photos © LaFranglaise
What a fabulous bank holiday weekend it has been in Paris. My brother-in-law came to ours for the weekend and gave me a big helping hand with little baby L. (zeu papa still recovering from knee surgery) so I was finally able to have some "me time". I enjoyed a bubble bath, eating sushi, sun bathing in the park, reading magazines, going to the restaurant, and listening to live music. It felt amazing to rediscover these smallest things.

But one of the weekend highlights was probably Nature Capitale, the giant garden installed on the Champs Elysées to celebrate the International Day for Biodiversity. Traffic was diverted from the world's most famous avenue for three days as more than two million visitors explored over 150 varieties of plants covering les Champs. It was so charming to walk this green wonderland and the glorious weather made the event all the more pleasant. Ah, Paris...

1 comment:

  1. I wanted so badly to go to Nature Capitale, but I guess I went on the wrong day (Saturday) because it wasn't there and my Sunday and Monday were too busy!! Guess there is always next year... Also, yeah for "me time"!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and dropping a line!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails