Wednesday 3 August 2011

Weekending - in the city.

After a glorious weekend (someone up there must have heard my whining on Friday), it's gone cold and rainy on us again. So much for enjoying all the great summer activities in Paris whilst we are childless. Speaking of which, August is quite something around here. No matter how many years I live in Paris, I am still struck by how life comes to a sudden halt as of August 1st. The streets are empty, shops are mostly closed but, parking is free (true luxury!). Little L.'s childminder has taken the entire month off work so he'll be spending the next few weeks with his grandparents. I miss him so much already, it'll be hard not to be in a totally ecstatic mode when he comes home in two weeks. In the meantime, we at least get to be with him at the weekends in order to avoid an acute baby L withdrawal syndrome!

Here are some photos from Paris which I've been meaning to share for quite some time.



parc des batignolles

16 mois


Epicerie des Enfants




Le temps des cerises



orange bike

rue Lafayette


chillaxing with his animal mates

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love Paris. I have been 5 or 6 times now and every time it takes my breath away. Its one of the few cities that in real life is just as you imagine ... love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I'm really going to have to pack a jacket or two for next month, aren't I?

    The last photo of your little man is just gorgeous!! A print that you'll treasure I'm sure :-)

    Sal x

    http://danielandi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where have you been all my life?! Seriously, your blog is amazing, I am so glad I landed on it. I have been studying french for five years now, and it is a dream of mine to visit lovely france. thanks for sharing those lovely photos. I will be putting a link list of favorite blogs soon, and you for sure will be on them.

    now following...

    -flor
    florecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited to find a blogger in Paris!!! and that I can read it!!
    Are you from the U.S? I am from California. Dreaming of the day that I will visit Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paris is so strange. The first time I went was in August...hello, where is everybody ;) Lovely pictures you have. Take care xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and dropping a line!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails