Friday 29 April 2011

It's the most wonderful time of the year.







market treasures

DSC_0925

Bois de Vincennes

Bois de Vincennes

DSC_1017



marching soldier



Hello! I'm back again. What have I missed this week? Not too much I hope. Can you believe tomorrow is Friday already? I'm a little confused with the days this week as we had Easter Monday off. Three-day weekends should be the norm', don't you think? I took a day off work the week before as well so that's two long weekends in a row for me. It's been great to have a bit of extra time to relax and spend en famille. After almost a year back at work from my maternity leave, I still find it so hard to see my little boy only a couple of hours a day. But, in just five weeks we'll be on holiday all together, which seems like an eternity right now but close enough to start counting down the days. And while we impatiently await the dolce vita on the Côte d'Azur in June, we've been lucky to enjoy amazing summer-like weather in Paris these past weeks. I love going to markets this time of year as there is such a large choice of fruit and veggies and it's a great way to teach the colours to little L.! I've also been on the look out for some plants to brighten up our balcony because it is looking pretty bare at the moment. My favourite summer herbs are already planted though: basil, mint, and coriander... hmmm, those smells, that taste are heavenly! Like most Parisians, we've been having a lot of outdoor fun thanks to this gorgeous weather. In fact, we've been spending quite a few Saturdays outside of Paris as we are becoming less and less tolerant to the city crowds and fumes. We have never gone far - places like the Bois de Vincennes, Bois de Boulogne, Bois d'Arcy - but it makes such a huge difference. Especially for our little monkey who just never gets tired of living the adventurous life of an explorer. It is fascinating to watch him observe the world so keenly.

{Veggie photos inspired by my friend Alienorbd}

13 comments:

  1. i love your photos, what a wonderful time you must have had!
    those trees are amazing with the leaves such a vibrant colour. that little one just adorable!
    happy Friday to you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm LOVING the weather all I want to do is picnic and be outside!

    what lovely colors and little L is looking more and more like his mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuuum, asparagus! Lovely vege pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fresh food this time of the year! I can definitely relate to only seeing your babe 2 hours a night. I'm looking forward to my summer break from school to spend time with my Nora.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, your Spring looks unreal. Look at how grown up little L is too! A few weekends away sounds great. Hope you're not working too hard. Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow,the scenery, breath-taking. And that angelic little face of your boy, what a smile xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. J'adore all I see - that all I have to say :-) love your blog so I am following you now - so lovely what you do. Would adore it if you'd follow me too :O)
    A xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are such a sweet photos and I totally agree, this is the best time of the year for fruit market trips! Hope you are having a fantastic Monday afternoon, my dear
    Kisses and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! je me disais que ces photos étaient très Aliénor-like! Sympa de me faire un clin d'œil. Ravie de voir que vous allez bien. Gros gros bisous et bravo pour ces belles photos inspirantes. Your boy is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore that very last photo! I'm sorry you are so busy! :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there! starting to catch up with the blog world! beautiful pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what beautiful photos!!! ahhhh, the gorgeous weather is so refreshing. paris looks beautiful in the springtime! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your photos took me on a mini trip to Paris in the springtime! Thank you!

    ...I just found your lovely blog via Dear Olive. Your little boy is adorable!

    x claire

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and dropping a line!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails